PORTO - where to eat
One topic that is definitely not discussed enough is Portuguese food. We honestly didn’t know what we were getting into about their cuisine, but we were so happy and surprised to see how much deliciousness this country has to offer! And also, it’s super cheap, which is great! Before leaving for this trip, we asked you guys on Instagram for a few recs on the best places to eat in Porto, and unfortunately we didn’t get to check out all of them, but these are the ones we tried and loved:
BREAKFAST / BRUNCH / LUNCH
- Cafe Progresso: after waking up super early in the morning to catch our flight, we needed to fuel up and this café was the perfect place to do so. We had coffee, eggs, bread with jam, and also the most delicious Pasteis De Nata! It was our first time trying these pastries and we loved them.
- Zenith - Brunch & Cocktails Bar: we fell in love with their dishes after checking this place out on instagram, but still had trouble deciding what to get because the food looked even better in person! There are countless options: pancakes, granola, açai bowls, smoothies, sandwiches, eggs etc. We got poached eggs with salmon, an açai bowl and some mouth watering pancakes with berries, ice cream and peanut butter!!! Also, make sure you get the table by the window for the most instagrammable snap. This place is so photogenic!
- Brick Clérigos: It’s one of those places where you can mostly just sit at a big table surrounded by strangers. The food is great and the best thing is that everything is really healthy. They have different sandwiches, salads, cheese boards etc.
- Reitoria: This restaurant has two different areas: downstairs you can grab cocktails and small bites, upstairs they have a steakhouse. We got there early and had cocktails and cold cuts before heading upstairs for our real dinner. They probably have the best beef cuts in the city, and we tried many different side dishes as well.
- Cantina 32: This restaurant is so popular both among locals and tourists, that sometimes you need to book a table two weeks in advance! We somehow managed to get a reservation for our last night in Porto and… wow! We probably had 3/4 of the items on the menu (not even kidding). As our main dishes we ordered the beef steak and the tiger prawns. If you’re in Porto you must eat here!